An intensive weekend seminar that stabilizes your relationship after an affair.
The Emergency Marital Seminar (EMS) answers each partner’s questions and provides viable solutions to your crisis. If your response to infidelity is typical, then you have already experienced many of the challenges associated with working through a betrayal. The EMS weekend helps you gain perspective of where you’re at in recovery and what needs to be done.
The weekend is conducted by Rick Reynolds, LCSW, founder of Affair Recovery and creator of both EMS Online and Hope for Healing online courses. Rick has specialized in treating infidelity for over twenty years and has helped over 2,000 couples struggling with infidelity.
After the weekend, the EMS aftercare program provides both support and guidance for at least a year after the seminar. You will continue to meet with your group weekly by phone to work at implementing new behaviors and assure that you and your spouse continue in your healing journey. The first six weeks of the aftercare
• An understanding of what went wrong and why
• How to control intrusive thoughts
• How to talk to your partner and develop a healthy relationship
• A new sense of trust and safety
• How to move on with a new sense of peace and hope
• Ways to successfully communicate your sincere regret
• An increased connection with your mate
• Ways to help your mate heal and feel more secure
• Ways to let go of your shame and move on
• New boundaries that help restore trust
• Ways to prevent relapse
• Who are gridlocked over their need to move forward
• Where the cheating spouse is having difficulty breaking away from the affair partner
• Where the hurt spouse is having difficulty believing their mate
• Where the infidelity was in the past, but the couple has never been able to move on
*SOLD OUT* April12-14, 2013 in Austin, TX *SOLD OUT* May 10-12, 2013 in Austin, TX
June 14-16, 2013 in Austin, TX
July 12-14, 2013 in Austin, TX
August 16-18, 2013 in Austin TX
September 13-15, 2013 in Austin, TX
October 11-13, 2013 in Austin, TX
November 8-10, 2013 in Austin, TX
December 13-15, 2013 in Austin, TX
Please note: Services offered by Affair Recovery are not therapy or counseling. Affair Recovery services are educational.