Q&A What Kind of Professional Help Should I Seek?

To watch the video please purchase a subscription to the Recovery Library.
To watch the video, please purchase a subscription to the Recovery Library.
Gain unlimited access to over 1,800 articles and expert Q&A videos.
Already a Recovery Library member? Log in to listen to the full recording.


My question is about double betrayal and the aftermath of trauma that follows. My wife of over 20 years started having an affair; physical, emotional, and sexual. I discovered the affair when I found detailed letters. That was enough damage to last a lifetime. The affair partner was my best friend of 34 years. My wife has only prolonged all healing by withholding everything. We had to separate after a few months, but a year later we decided to try EMS Online. I believe she is trying to finally be honest. I needed my wife and I needed my best friend to lean on at the time due to a tragic death at my work I witnessed and walking away from my career. Then my father suddenly past way. In short should I believe the affair is over? Should I stay with my wife? What kind of professional help should I seek?



RL_Media Type: 

What type of affair was it?

Our free Affair Analyzer provides you with insights about your unique situation and gives you a personalized plan of action.
Take the Affair Analyzer

Free Surviving Infidelity Bootcamp

Our experts designed this step-by-step guide to help you survive infidelity. Be intentional with your healing with this free 7-day bootcamp.
I would highly recommend giving this a try.
-D, Texas