Q&A Was My Husband in Love with His Affair Partner?

To watch the video please purchase a subscription to the Recovery Library.
To watch the video, please purchase a subscription to the Recovery Library.
Gain unlimited access to over 1,800 articles and expert Q&A videos.
Already a Recovery Library member? Log in to listen to the full recording.


My husband had a long term 5 year affair with someone at work. He told me that he never loved her, was never in love in her and saw her once every 1 to 2 months. He claims that 99% of the time it was just sex and the other 1% was just ego boost for him. I asked about his relationship with her and first he said that she was an “almost girlfriend” and then became friend with benefits. He claims that “almost girlfriend” means that he feels the same as a casual coworker but because he had so much sex with her, she became an almost girlfriend. What does “almost girlfriend” mean when he doesn't love her? He says he would not support her if she called and he never thought about her except for sex.



RL_Media Type: 

What type of affair was it?

Our free Affair Analyzer provides you with insights about your unique situation and gives you a personalized plan of action.
Take the Affair Analyzer

Free Surviving Infidelity Bootcamp

Our experts designed this step-by-step guide to help you survive infidelity. Be intentional with your healing with this free 7-day bootcamp.
I would highly recommend giving this a try.
-D, Texas